PLEASE NOTE: NSW Police Force branded images of items seized during the operation are available via Hightail – https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/Vm5amewwPN
Detectives have charged a Rebels outlaw motorcycle gang (OMCG) associate after a rifle, handgun, 10 replica pistols and more than $26,000 cash were seized during a joint-agency operation in the state’s north.
In January this year, detectives from the NSW Police Force and Australian Federal Police (AFP) – as part of the National Anti-Gangs Squad (NAGS) – received information relating to the unauthorised possession of firearms in Northern NSW.
Following extensive inquiries, NAGS investigators, with assistance from Strike Force Raptor, executed a search warrant at a home at Coffs Harbour from 6am today (Friday 12 February 2021).
During the search, officers seized a .22 calibre rifle, a handgun, an M4 replica rifle, 10 replica pistols and $26,140 cash.
All items will undergo further examination.
A 62-year-old man was arrested and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station, where he was charged with 25 offences including;
- Possess unregistered firearm – pistol (x11),
- possess unauthorised firearm,
- not keep firearm safely – pistol,
- not keep firearm safely – not prohibited firearm/pistol,
- not keep firearm safely – prohibited firearm (x2),
- possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (x2),
- possess more than 3 unregistered firearms – 1 is prohibited/pistol,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (x5),
- deal with property proceeds of crime.
The man, who is a Rebels OMCG associate, appeared at Coffs Harbour Local Court today, where he was formally refused bail to reappear at the same court on Tuesday 13 April 2021.
Investigations are continuing.