By reading this article, you’ll be able to choose motorcycle fuel tank breather valve much faster. If you use our guide, you will be able to find exactly the information you’re looking for. We will make your shopping experience seamless!
Best motorcycle fuel tank breather valve – Top 10 Pick Reviewed for 2021
- Gas fuel cap valve: you will get 6 pieces gas fuel cap valve in 6 different colors, adequate amount makes it convenient to share with your friends, lover, family members, neighbors and office colleagues and more, meeting you a plenty of using needs
- Quality and reliable workmanship: these gas tank breathers are made of quality aluminum material, good anodize surface treatment, and the breather tube is made from black plastic, wear and shock resistant, rust and corrosion resistant, no breaking and flaking off, supporting you a long time application
- Suitable dimension: this gas fuel cap valve measures approx. 2.6 inch in length and 0.2 inch in diameter, 6 colors in red, yellow, blue, green, black, gold and silver, the colors provide different choice for you and well match with your rides
- Ball aluminum breather: each motorcycle breathers has an internal floating ball that will act as a one-way valve, keeps the fuel tank air ventilated, but does not let fuel flow out, also can protect your gas tank from filling with dirt, dust and debris
- Wide range of application: these aluminum vent breathers are compatible with 50cc, 110cc, 70cc and 125cc motorcycle gas fuel cap, makes a big difference on your dirt bike, simple but practical
- ★Function: Replaces your Old Vent Line. One Way Valves Vent Design can let your gas tank breath and prevent fuel from splashing out and making a mess.
- ★High Quality: Great anodize surface treatment, and the Breath hose is made of plastic, durable, easy to install.
- ★Suitable for: This breather hose can fit most of Dirt Pit Monkey Bike ATV Quad.
- ★Package Content: Includes 6 pcs fuel tank vent tubes.
- ★100% Satisfied Service: Enjoy a smooth&worry-free return service within a month. And any questions feel free to contact us, we will be here for you.
- Inner diameter(thread) is1.93''(49mm)
- Aluminum alloy, CNC machining
- Please measure the outer diameter of your tank opening.
- Universal parts, will fit most Chinese made Dirt Bikes, Pit Bikes,SSR, Coolster,Taotao etc on the market. Comes with one aluminum Vent Cap
- It not fit ATV，Does not fit Polaris 50
- Universal Tank Gas Fuel Cap Valve Vent Breather Hose Tube For Motorcycle XR CRF RM KX Dirt Pit Quad Bike 6 Pcs
- Package: 6 pcs
- It With Valve Ball,this is One Way Valves Vent.Let your gas tank breathe and prevent splashing out of the overflow hose.
- Universal Tank Gas Fuel Cap Valve Vent Breather Hose Tube For Motorcycle XR CRF RM KX Dirt Pit Quad Bike 6 Pcs.
- Compatible with Honda XR CRF RM KX SSR CR125R CR250R CRF250R CRF250X CRF450R CRF450X Suzuki EXC XC SX SXF XCF XCW.
- High quality: The fuel vent is made of 6061 T-6 aluminum with perfect anodized surface treatment, while the vent tube is made of plastic. Easy to install and easy to carry
- Warranty:We are always available to help our customers.Please message us for replacement or refund if you are not satisfied with the order.
- Universal Gas Fuel Tank Tube CNC machined Design for head (Small steel ball inside) Breather Hose Tube For Motorcycle
- Protects from dirt getting into your gas tank. Prevent Splashing out of the overflow hose.
- Breather tube is made from plastic.Easy to install and convenient to carry.
- The hose is a rubbery material that holds the cap on the tank tightly.
- ★6 colors CNC machined / Colour anodised / Two-way breather. This fuel tank vent tube solves these problems by having two-way valve that lets air in but stops fuel coming out. Also the short pipe allows for easy turning of the fuel cap. fuel cap petrol tank breather pipe hose fits pit dirt bike off road motorcycle ATV,all factory CRF, XR, CR, all Quads, all off-road motorcycle and ATV that have a vent hose coming from gas cap.
- ★CNC fuel gas tank cap cover air vent tube breather keeps the fuel tank air ventilated, but does not let fuel flow out. One way valve for preventing fuel back flow from the fuel tank in the event of a fall.
- ★100% Brand new, never mounted, easy to install.It has gorgeous anodized surface and incredible light.High quality CNC fuel gas cap air vent tube breather machined 6061 T-6 billet aluminum construction.
- ★Size: 2.6"(L) x 0.2"(R), Color: Red/ Blue/ Black/Green/ Silver/ Yellow.
- ★Please check pictures and specifications for compatibility. Quality assurance, unconditional lifetime guarantee, so you can purchase now with confidence.
- Package Include:1 pcs Air Vent Hose Tube Breather,,Please Check HIAORS Brand Package when you received.
- Universal gas cap vent With Small steel ball inside,Prevent Splashing out of the overflow hose
- For Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki KTM Honda CR125R CR250R CRF250R CRF250X CRF450R CRF450X ATV Motorcycle Dirt Pit Atv Bike
- Product Quality Ensured By HIAORS
- Fit Honda TRX90 TRX250 Recon TRX250EX Sportrax TRX350 TRX400 Rancher TRX450 TRX500
- Universal Fitment: The Gas Fuel Cap Hose fits for most of dirt pit monkey bike ATV Quad 50cc 110cc 70cc 125cc Motorcycle Motocross MX Dirt Pit Quad Bike ATVs and More
- High Quality Material: The Valve Vent Breather Hose made of high quality aluminium alloy and rubber hose, The aluminum vent breathers with the Valve Ball, this is One Way Valves Vent, which let the air enter the Gas Cap, and prevent splashing out of the overflow hose
- Condition: 100% Brand New, 7 x 1.6 x 1 cm, net weight 10g. Perfect anodized surface treatment, brightly appearance, and it is the good partner with your motorcycle fuel tank cap
- Easy to Install: This aluminum vent breathers is very easy to install. which can be completed within 1 minutes directly
- Good Customer Service: If you have any problems during purchasing or using, you can contact us anytime, we will provide you with the best customer service within 24 hours
- ★Fitment: Fit For Most Of Dirt Pit Monkey Bike ATV Quad
- ★Quantity: 6 Colorful Air Vents As Pictures. Instruction Of Installation Is NOT Included
- ★Fuction: Replaces Old Vent Line, Let's Your Gas Tank Breathe, And Prevent Splashing Out Of The Overflow Hose. Allows Air To Go Into Gas Tank While Not Letting Gas And Fumes Escape, Basically A Small One Way Check Valve
- ★High Quality: Perfect Anodize Surface Treatment. While The Breather Tube Is Made From Plastic. Easy To Install, Great Looks
- ★After Sale: We Are Committed To Provide Excellent Customer Service, If You Have Any Questions,Please Contact Us. We Will Try Our Best To Solve Your Problem.
Best Motorcycle Fuel Tank Breather Valve: The Beginner’s Guide
It controls the flow of fuel from the tank to the engine. The reserve fuel switch is also called a fuel petcock valve.
The following are the steps in understanding motorcycle’s reserve fuel switch:
- What the reserve fuel switch (fuel valve) is used for
- ‘OFF’, ‘ON’, and ‘RES’ positions of the valve
- When these valve positions are used
- How to switch to reserve tank in a motorcycle
Let’s get right to it.
Reserve Fuel Switch (Fuel Valve)
A reserve fuel switch, also known as a fuel valve, is typically located beneath the fuel tank and close to the carburetor on the left side of a motorcycle.
Fuel valves have three switches, which are marked ‘OFF’, ‘ON’, and ‘RES’.
RES refers to switching to the reserve tank when the fuel is switched from the tank to the carburetor and engine. OFF and ON directly refer to the fuel moving from the tank to the carburetor and engine. Flowing from the reserve tank to the carburetor and then to the engine, fuel flows from the reserve tank.
Tanks for reserve fuel and main fuel are not separate. A reserve tank is not a separate fuel storage tank, but rather a part of the main fuel tank that stores fuel to be used when the main fuel tank runs out.
You can use the reserve tank to reach your nearby gas station when you run out of fuel in the main tank.
When your main fuel tank runs out of fuel, you can use the fuel in the reserve tank by using the RES switch.
When the fuel valve is switched to RES, the fuel from the reserve tank is transferred to the carburetor, which then sends power to the engine of the motorcycle.
Fuel from the main fuel tank is free to move from the reserve fuel switch to the carburetor and then to the engine when the switch is in the ‘ON’ position.
When you are riding your motorcycle, you should have the reserve fuel switch in this position.
With the fuel valve turned on, fuel will be able to flow through the carburetor from the fuel tank, allowing the engine to run free.
Carburetors mix fuel with air and then transfer the mixture to the main tank.
The carburetor transfers the air-fuel mixture to the combustion chamber of the engine.
To generate power in the engine, air-fuel is compressed within the combustion chamber and burnt with the aid of a spark plug. Motorized bicycles are moved by this power.
If you’re riding your motorcycle, make sure the reserve fuel switch is on. The ON method refers to fueling the motorcycle from the main tank.
The reserve fuel switch has an ‘OFF’ position, so no fuel flows from the fuel tank to the carburetor.
As soon as you turn the fuel valve off, fuel is no longer flowing into the engine.
If you aren’t going to ride the bike for an extended period, you keep the reserve fuel switch off.
The valve is rarely switched off entirely when bikers park their machines.
Obviously switching the valve OFF aggressively is not required, but if you don’t plan on using your motorcycle for two to three days, it is highly recommended that you do so.
Fuel cannot flow out of the fuel tank when you switch the fuel valve OFF.
Therefore, fuel cannot enter the carburetor, therefore, fuel cannot enter the combustion chamber of the engine.
It won’t even start since the motorcycle engine is getting no fuel to produce power.
Use OFF when shutting the valve: You will be shutting off the fuel flow from the tank when you turn the valve OFF. Make sure the motorcycle is turned off when not in use. The next few days especially if you won’t be riding your bike.
A reserve fuel switch set to ‘RES’ allows the fuel in the reserve tank to be moved to the carburetor and then the engine.
When you are running low on fuel in the main tank, you want the reserve fuel switch in this position.Fuel access is provided by the RES switch if the main tank runs out of fuel.
In regards to the reserve tank, it should be understood that it is not an independent tank. However, it belongs to the main fuel tank. Reserve fuel will not be accessible if the ON position on the switch is set to ON.
If you switch the fuel petcock valve to RES, you can only use the reserves tank fuel.
Yet the reserve tank has only a small amount of fuel. To refill your main tank of fuel, you should use the reserve tank fuel.
When to use RES: When the fuel tank is empty, you need to use the RES position reserve fuel switch. For your motorcycle to move, you need fuel in the reserve tank, so that you can reach a gas station to refuel.
How To Switch To Reserve Tank In Motorcycle
You can use the reserve tank whenever you need it if your motorcycle fuel tank runs out of gas and you are stranded.
By switching to a reserve tank, you will have extra fuel flowing to the engine, allowing you to refill the main tank at a gas station.
To turn the fuel petcock valve off, turn it from ON to RES. The fuel petcock is located near the carburetor on the left side of the motorcycle.
When you run out of fuel in the main tank, the fuel valve will be in the ‘ON’ position.
The valve should now be switched to ‘RES’ by rotating it 180 degrees.
You will start generating power from the engine once you switch the fuel valve to the reserve position.
The motorcycle can now be started and ridden to the nearest gas station for a fuel refill.
Can you run the motorcycle on reserve all the time?
In reserve mode, the motorcycle is always available. After you have emptied the fuel, you will not have a safety net for if things go wrong since your reserve tank as well is empty. It will be impossible for you to find out when the main fuel tank was emptied.
How much distance can you travel in reserve?
Due to the reserve tank’s limited purpose and inability to be used as a back-up option, its capacity is low. It is considered normal for a motorcycle’s reserve tank to hold half to one litre of fuel. According to the mileage of your motorcycle, you could travel an approximate distance of 20 to 30 miles.
Do all motorcycles have reserve tank?
Reserve tanks are not standard on all motorcycles. For example, fuel-injected motorcycles do not typically have them. By contrast, all carburetor-powered motorcycles do.