By reading this article, you’ll be able to choose cold weather motorcycle pants much faster. If you use our guide, you will be able to find exactly the information you’re looking for. We will make your shopping experience seamless!
Best cold weather motorcycle pants – Top 10 Pick Reviewed for 2021
- CONSTRUCTION. Outer Shell is made of rugged and highly abrasion resistant Heavy Duty 600 Denier Polyester Fabric. The Shell also has fixed thin mesh liner on inside.
- FIT. Please note these are not regular riding pants.These are over pants and will fit best if you take measurements with your regular work clothes or jeans on. Roomy fit allows freedom of movement and easy on/off action. Please read the sizing chart carefully before you order.
- PROTECTION. Two hip foam pads are CE-rated. Both pads are in textile pockets that can be fully removed when not needed. Two Step fastener allows the hip pad pockets to be adjusted vertically as well as horizontally. Knee armor is CE-rated and is fully removable. Knee armor is also adjustable via three step fastener system.
- FEATURES. Right Leg Cargo Pocket. 26” Long side zip for easy on/off even with boots on. Waist belts and elasticated waist panels provide Dual Waist Adjustability. 2 Front intake vents on thighs. Reflective material for night time visibility. Two Belt loops prevent riding up or down on you.
- Please note these are OVER PANTS and fit different than your regular jeans or pants. Please look at the sizing chart in the picture gallery.
- ✅ 600D CORDURA TEXTILE: Extremely optimal motorcycle riding pant with a LIFETIME WARRANTY! These ALL-PURPOSE daily-use HWK pants can also be used as tactical pants, work pants and cargo pants for men that will serve you for a lifetime, if anything goes wrong just message us for a replacement 🙂
- ✅PROTECTIVE CE ARMORED(REMOVABLE): KNEES & HIP padded armor included with 1000D polyester cordura stitched on impact areas motorbike pants.
- ✅WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF: REISSA MEMBRANE & MICRO-MESH lining makes these motocross pants / motorcycle trousers for men breathable & rainproof. Two air vents for hot summer weather.
- ✅HI-VISIBILITY: 5H Scotchlite reflective motorcycle pants piping & Silver-White body thread and hi-vis logos.
- ✅ADJUSTABLE: Practical 3-way Velcro adjustments at the waist, knees and near ankles. #HWK to join our growing community of moto enthusiasts 🙂
- Alert: True to size : Please follow the size examples below*(EX: Size "Large recommended" - Size for 6" 215 lbs.) (EX: Size "Medium" 5'9"165 lbs.)
- TSLA Thermal Windproof Pants© Series for outdoor activities during cold weather.
- [Materials] TPU Film (100% Polyester) fabric is for windproofing & water resistance.
- [Fleece Lining] Soft inner fleece layer provides long-lasting warmth and insulation.
- [Slash Side Pockets] Deep pockets on each side with a zipper secure your personal belongings.
- ✅ PROTECTION WITH CE ARMOR | These Armoured Motorcycle Pants Come with Knees and Side Hips CE Armor Protection Pads (REMOVABLE) Along with Heavy Duty 1200D Material Impact Protection. Our Atv Riding Pants Can Also Be Worn Over Motorcycle Jeans.
- ✅ 10 YEARS WARRANTY | ALPHA CYCLE GEAR Motorcycle Protection Pants Got You Covered for 10 Years. If You Were to Face Any Defects with Our Motorbike Gear Please Message Us We Will Send a Replacement to Cover the Warranty On These Moto Bike Pants.
- ✅ HI VIS IN THE DARK | all of Alpha cycle gear comes with either hi viz logos or piping motorcycle patches. These Alpha cycle gear motorcycle riding pants comes with high visibility logos along with hi vis piping motorcycle pants.
- ✅ QUALITY & ADJUSTABLE | ACG Motocross pants comes with Top Quality Zippers, Extra Duty Outer Shell Material for off road protection the best for off-roading, Adjustable hook and loop Velcro waist & ankles, CE armor, Hi Vis logos & much more. Try alpha cycle gear Dirt bike pants men you wont be disappointed.
- ✅ 4 SEASONS STRONG | We have designed these riding pants for both hot weather motorcycle gear & cold weather motorcycle gear. Air ventilation system is designed to cool you down almost instantly while you ride, in cold weather motorcycle riding close the air vents you are all set for the most comfortable cold weather motorcycle riding experience. Bonus you may also wear these over pants in case of extreme cold weather.
- Waterproof Pants Men: Wear resistant stretch nylon surface layer with waterproof coating, effectively repels rain ,snow and oil stains, cuts the wind, prevents water molecules from penetrating; Inner layer made of skin-friendly warm fleece with superior moisture wicking treatment, breath freely, keep warmth and dry, provides the excellent comfort and flexibility.
- Insulated Winter Hiking Pants: 3D Cutting / Mid and high rise/ Side elastic waist allows pants to fit comfortably. Mens insulated pants features 4 large-capacity pockets and 2 button back pockets to keep your phone,wallet,key,tactical gears or other accessories for ultimate safely, convenience and efficiency while moving.
- Ski Snow Pants Men: Fleece lined softshell pants featured articulated knees provides great stretch flexible, flannel lined and water resistant cargo pants for windy or snowy weathers. Boot fit designed to prevent cold air from being poured in, and the warmth will be better, also can be put into the boots without bloating and moving more freely.
- Softshell Pants Summitskin Pants: Men’s durable winter pants has ripstop fabrics to protect your legs from gravel, scratch resistant & tear resistant, designed for outdoor enthusiasts. Belt included.
- Jessie Kidden men slim flannel lined pants suitable for winter outdoor activities, such as hiking, mountaineering, travelling, cycling, skiing, walking, camping, fishing, hunting, garden working, golf, motorcycle.
- 100 percent waterproof, 210 denier Hypertex
- 120-gram polyester insulation
- Full storm flap closures on zippers, pockets and cuffs
- Cargo storage pockets
- Elasticized ankle closures and adjustable waist
- THESE ARE NOT OVERPANTS. PLEASE READ SIZING CHART IN PICTURE GALLERY. THESE RIDING PANTS MEASURE VERY DIFFERENT THAN REGULAR PANTS. YOUR JEANS OR PANTS SIZE IS IRRELEVANT. PLEASE MEASURE YOURSELF UP AND USE THE SIZING CHART AS A GUIDE. PLEASE REACH OUT TO US FOR ANY SIZING QUESTIONS/CONCERNS.
- Abrasion, scuff and tear resistant 600D Polyester main shell construction. Heavy Duty 1680D Polyester on knees for added protection and abrasion resistance. Non-Slip Tactical Grip fabric on seat area to ensure firm riding and no sliding.
- 2 pc removable hip foam padding. 2 pc CE Certified Knee armor is also fully removable and can be vertically adjusted to fit the kneecap for maximum protection
- This pant has a fully removable thermal liner and a fixed breathable waterproof liner.
- Adjustable waist belts for custom fit. Two front hand pockets with zippered and snap closure. Accordion-style expansion panels at the rear waist and above knees for increased flexibility. Anatomical, precurved design improves fit and comfort while riding. Reflective piping on front for night time visibility
- THESE ARE NOT OVERPANTS. PLEASE READ SIZING CHART IN PICTURE GALLERY. THESE ARE RIDING PANTS AND MEASURE DIFFERENT THAN JEANS OR REGULAR PANTS. . MEASURE YOUR WAIST AROUND THE THICKEST PART OF YOUR BELLY. MEASURE YOUR INSEAM FROM THE HIGHEST POINT OF YOUR CROTCH DOWN TO YOUR ANKLE , ALONG YOUR INNER LEG.
- These pants are constructed from highly Abrasion resistant 600 Denier NPF (Nylon Polyester Fabric). Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Matte Polyester on knees provides additional safety in the most strategic areas in case of an accident. Fully removable CE rated knee armor and foam hip pads. The knee armor is height-adjustable to fine tune the fit around knee. Two front zippered hand pockets and two thigh level cargo pockets.
- Highly adjustable waist uses elasticated inserts as well waist belts to provide the fitment around waist.
- THESE PANTS ARE FULLY WATERPROOF. Fly Zipper entry with a waterproof gusset. Thigh vents have waterproof zipper. All seams are tape sealed for 100% waterproofing.
- Adjustability straps at knee and cuff for fit and comfort. Calf-length reflective piping for night-time visibility. Anatomical, pre-curved design improves fit and comfort while riding
- 【Comfortable Fabric】Quick-dry moisture-wicking fleece pant is made of 100% polyester, high stretchy and breathability, soft and comfortable to wear.
- 【Warm-keeping】Lightweight but warm, windproof and water resistant soft shell bike pants Never got too warm or cold and never got wet.
- 【Utility Pockets】Three zippered pockets deep enough for 5.5" mobile phone, zippers with pulls for easy up and down.
- 【Perfect Fit】Elastic waistband with inner drawstring for a better fit; Slim fit and baggy design around the knee area offers more flexibility
- 【Special Design】Reflective elements for low-light visibility; Leg zippers for an adjustable leg opening size and easy off and on. Perfect for cycling, hiking, climbing, running and other winter outdoor activities.
- 【Double-layer Fabric】The exterior fabric with windproof and water resistant construction sheds wind, showers and spray. The thermal fleece lining is soft and warm, locking in body heat to keep you comfortable when the cold hits
- 【Custom Fit】Elastic waistband with internal drawstring for an adjustable fit. Zipper cuffs enhance leg articulation for mobility by adjusting leg openings as you desire
- 【Secure Storage】Two side zipper pockets are designed for keeping your essentials close at hand securely
- 【Tapered Shape】Tailored slim through the legs and taper at the ankles giving extra room for your thighs without looking floppy. Relaxed athletic fit with open bottom cut for all-day comfort and effortless mobility
- 【Cold Weather Gear】The versatile winter pants is perfect for cycling, biking, riding, mountain bike, road bike, running, jogging, trail, hiking, climbing, skiing and more multi sports & workout or outdoor activities in winter. We feature our thermal pants up to size 3XL/4XL that allow you feel your best, at all time
Picking the Best Cold Weather Motorcycle Pants: Things to Consider
If you are going to wear jeans and it is cold outside, I wouldn’t recommend you wearing them because they won’t help you at all. Find the right pants by considering these factors.
Motorcycle Pants or Overpants
This pair fits perfectly in cold weather, and leaves no extra space for other underwear.
Unlike motorcycle underwear, motorcycle overpants are designed to be worn over other pants as a form of protection, warmth, and comfort.
The overpants are designed to cover your jeans without giving you a feeling of tightness. However, sometimes you may think overpants are unnecessary.
In touring, overpants are worn in cooler weather and taken off in warmer weather. As such, it is much more convenient that overpants can be easily put on and taken off on the road without you having to take them off.
Textile Vs. Leather
It is more versatile and inexpensive to wear trousers made of cotton. With their three-season riding experience, they do a fantastic job. That means that they are capable of riding in both hot and cold weather. Usually, there is a waterproof finish to the fabric.
The layers they add on the inside keep you warm.
Fabric pants are good abrasion resistant, and this is what I truly enjoy about them. The colors are also great and the stitching is good. Aramide and Cordura are some of the most popular fabrics on the market.
A pair of leather motorcycle trousers is usually very expensive, but extremely durable, making them an excellent choice for cold weather riding. The superior abrasion resistance of leather makes them an excellent choice for cold weather riding.
While cruising the roads during the winter, it gives better protection in case of a collision.
It is possible to repair and reuse leather trousers unlike textiles. The best way to ventilate your pants is to buy those with perforated panels.
Consider Denier or Thickness
Textile deniers, which are used in creating motorcycle trousers, are a measure of their density or thickness. Low denier means that the fabric is sheer, soft, and silky, while high denier means that the fabric is thick, sturdy, and durable.
Taking a yarn of nine thousand meters in grams, denier ratings are calculated. The denier ratings differ depending on the type of textile. Motorcyclists will wear more durable pants in winter. I recommend at least 600D rating for these pants.
Trousers made of leather usually range in thickness from 0.9 to 1.4 millimeters. There are many types of leather, so the thickness can vary. High-quality winter riding trousers should have a thickness between 1.1 and 1.2.
Pants must be thermally insulated, whether they are textile or leather. For this reason, you should consider pants with thermal lining.
Armor and Safety Features
Winter pants designed for motorcycles with safety features offer the most protection. To prevent creases, dedicated pants should make use of 600D coated textile or 100% leather. A knee and hip protector will ensure your safety in the winter if you crash. Wear Scotchlite piping and reflective thread stitching on trousers at night to improve visibility.
When body moisture is allowed to evaporate through the pores, it means the fabric has large enough pores for steam to pass through. While their size is too small for liquid to penetrate, they keep body heat in and prevent moisture droplets from penetrating. A breathable micromesh membrane is ideal for riding trousers with a superior ventilation system.
As a result, the winner in this roundup is HWK Men’s Best Cold Weather Motorcycle Pants. All-weather riding goes well in these trousers, even in cold weather. You can usually wear them year-round. Whether you’re riding a motocross bike or motorbike, the pants can be worn both ways.
Abrasion-resistant and durable, the 600D Cordura textile withstands a lot of wear.This type of textile is water- and wind-resistant. Added ventilation and breathability are made possible by the micro-mesh lining. Additionally, each pair of trousers has hip and knee armor while also ensuring your visibility at night by using 5H Scotchlite reflective piping.